Biden-Harris Administration Makes “Back to School” Drive to Help Students and Families Get Free High-Speed Internet
As America’s kids get back to school and continue to recover from the challenges of the pandemic, ensuring that all families have access to affordable high-speed internet is more important than ever. That’s why President Biden and Vice President Harris worked with Democrats, Republicans, and Independents to create the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) in the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act. The Biden-Harris Administration’s “Back to School” enrollment drive includes:
- Working with local leaders to help families in their community sign up.
- Providing a “Back to School” toolkit for schools.
- Raising ACP awareness through the Department of Education’s “Back to School” outreach.
- Reaching out to principals at key schools.
- Emailing all Pell Grant awardees to notify them of their eligibility and encourage them to sign up.
- Conducting outreach to Tribal communities.
For more information, visit here.
Biden-Harris Administration Making “Back to School” Drive to Help Students and Families Get Free High-Speed Internet