Save the Date
February 7, 2020
Here's the agenda for the Federal Communications Commission's February open meeting:
- I am proposing starting an auction of 280 megahertz of spectrum in the so-called C-band on December 8, 2020.
- A public notice seeking comment on the procedures for the C-band auction. We propose auctioning the lower 280 megahertz of the C-band in 20-megahertz sub-blocks. And to reiterate what I mentioned earlier, this item proposes December 8, 2020 as the start date for bidding.
- I am proposing to start the bidding in our auction of 70 MHz of spectrum in the 3.5 GHz band on June 25, 2020.
- A proposal to open up additional opportunities for unlicensed white space devices. These devices operate in slivers of spectrum in the TV broadcast bands and 600 MHz frequencies that are not being used for other authorized services. These airwaves have excellent propagation characteristics that make them particularly attractive for delivering communications services over long distance and thus well-suited to deliver wireless broadband services in rural areas.
- I'm proposing that we start bidding in the Rural Digital Opportunity Fund Phase I auction on October 22, 2020.
- A Report and Order that would modernize the carriage election notices that qualified low-power television stations and noncommercial educational translator stations send to multichannel video programming distributors.
- A NPRM on our rule requiring that cable operators maintain in their online public inspection file information regarding their attributable interests in video programming services.
- A proposal to enhance public safety through greater information sharing about communications outages.
Save the Date