Principles for Enhancing Competition and Tech Platform Accountability
The White House convened a listening session with experts and practitioners on the harms that tech platforms cause and the need for greater accountability. The Biden-Harris Administration announced the following core principles for reform:
- Promote competition in the technology sector.
- Provide robust federal protections for Americans’ privacy.
- Protect our kids by putting in place even stronger privacy and online protections for them, including prioritizing safety by design standards and practices for online platforms, products, and services.
- Remove special legal protections for large tech platforms.
- Increase transparency about platform’s algorithms and content moderation decisions.
- Stop discriminatory algorithmic decision-making.
Readout of White House Listening Session on Tech Platform Accountability