Building a Stronger America: President Donald Trump’s American Infrastructure Initiative
President Donald Trump released his legislative goals to rebuild our Nation’s crumbling infrastructure. The six principles include:
- $200 billion in Federal funds to spur at least $1.5 trillion in infrastructure investments with partners at the State, local, Tribal, and private level.
- New investments will be made in rural America, which has been left behind for too long.
- Decision making authority will be returned to State and local governments.
- Regulatory barriers that needlessly get in the way of infrastructure projects will be removed.
- Permitting for infrastructure projects will be streamlined and shortened.
- America’s workforce will be supported and strengthened.
The initiative recommends making $200 billion in federal funding available for infrastructure investment, including $50 billion targeted specifically for a new Rural Infrastructure Program. How much of that money might go toward a Trump rural broadband initiative is unclear.
Building a Stronger America: President Donald Trump’s American Infrastructure Initiative Legislative Outline for Rebuilding Infrastructure in America Infrastructure Initiative (Budget for FY2019) Trump Recommends $50B Funding for Rural Infrastructure, Possibly Including Rural Broadband (telecompetitor)