Commerce Secretary Raimondo and Deputy Secretary Graves Promote Inclusive and Equitable Economic Growth for Latino Communities
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, US Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo and Deputy Secretary Don Graves hosted Latino elected officials, leaders, and stakeholder organizations to solicit their input on Commerce initiatives that will assist in promoting inclusive economic growth for Latino communities. In 2022, the Department of Commerce released its first-ever Equity Action Plan that addresses the importance of building an economy that empowers all people, especially in underserved communities. The Equity Action Plan outlines how the Department of Commerce will use its programs and tools to:
- Close the digital divide.
- Ensure community development dollars advance racial equity and support underserved communities.
- Grow Minority Business Enterprises.
- Strengthen small businesses in underserved communities by helping them be successful exporters.
- Increase access to the patent and trademark systems for inventors and entrepreneurs from historically underserved communities.
- Make the Department of Commerce's science and data more findable, accessible, and usable.
Secretary Raimondo and Deputy Secretary Graves Address Commerce Initiatives that Promote Economic Growth in Latino Communities