Examining Legislative Proposals to Protect Consumer Data Privacy
How legislative proposals intend to provide consumers with more security, transparency, choice, and control over personal information both online and offline.Proposals that provide the Federal Trade Commission with more resources and authority to oversee business data practices in the marketplace.
- The Honorable Julie Brill, Former Commissioner of the Federal Trade Commission, Corporate Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Microsoft
- The Honorable Maureen Ohlhausen, Former Acting-Chair of the Federal Trade Commission, Co-Chair, 21st Century Privacy Coalition
- Ms. Laura Moy, Executive Director and Associate Professor of Law, Georgetown Law Center on Privacy & Technology
- Ms. Nuala O’Connor, Senior Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Digital Citizenship at Walmart
- Ms. Michelle Richardson, Director of Privacy and Data, Center for Democracy and Technology