USAC Issues First Wave for Funding Year 2020
On May 9, 2020, USAC issued the first wave of Funding Year (FY) 2020 Funding Commitment Decision Letters (FCDLs). FY2020 Wave 1 included almost $680.7 million in funding commitments, and funding decisions on over 53% of the 38,207 applications that were received on or before the close of the FY2020 application filing window on April 29, 2020. Funds for Learning notes that the wave came only ten days after the close of the filing window, and was a record-setting funding wave by all accounts:
- The most funding ever awarded in the first wave.
- The largest funding wave ever recorded.
- The highest percentage of applicants awarded funding in a single wave.
- The highest percentage of requested funds awarded in a single wave.
- The fastest a first funding wave has ever been issued.
USAC Issues First Wave for Funding Year 2020 Record Numbers for First Wave of 2020 (Funds For Learning)