Trump Supporters Receive “Mainstream Media Accountability Survey” Moments After President Slams Reporters
Originally published: February 16, 2017
Last updated: February 16, 2017 - 7:54pm
Moments after President Donald Trump concluded a press conference at which he unleashed numerous attacks on the press, his fundraising committee circulated a “Mainstream Media Accountability Survey” urging supporters to “do your part to fight back against the media’s attacks and deceptions.”
Trump and his administration have engaged in an unprecedented war on the press. The president routinely singles out legitimate outlets and reporters as “fake news,” and his chief strategist has labeled the press the “opposition party.” During his February 16 press conference, Trump was particularly "combative" with reporters, turning the event -- which was ostensibly to announce a new labor secretary nominee -- into a “screed against the media.” The e-mail blast from the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, which presumably is also an attempt to build its email list, calls his supporters “our last line of defense against the media’s hit jobs” and urges readers to fill out a “Mainstream Media Accountability Survey” in order to “do your part to fight back against the media’s attacks and deceptions”.
- Voters Agree With Trump, Say Media Is Biased Toward Clinton
- Partisan Crowds at Trump Rallies Menace and Frighten News Media
- How Donald Trump's potential press secretary views the press: "Worse than irrelevant"
- With False Claims, President Trump Attacks Media on Turnout and Intelligence Rift
- Trump at CPAC: Right’s Unlikely Hero Renews Attack on Press
- Did Trump just launch Trump TV?
- The First Casualty is the Truth: Trump's Running War With the Media
- Donald Trump flexes new digital muscle
- How the Trump White House is trying to intimidate journalists
- President-elect Trump Summons TV Figures for Private Meeting, and Lets Them Have It
- Is the Media Too Tough on Donald Trump? More Than Half of Americans Think So
- Over 80 Free Speech, Press Groups Call President’s Attacks on the Media a Threat to Democracy
- Why Conservatives Love Trump's Attacks On Journalists
- Campaign News Draws More Coverage than Interest
- Here’s why Trump’s attacks on ‘fake news’ succeed