Last updated: November 21, 2016 - 12:49pm
The emergence of Jeffrey A. Eisenach, a long-time Washington telecommunications policy insider and economist who favors free markets, as head of President-elect Donald Trump’s Federal Communications Commission transition team — and as a leading candidate for the agency’s chairmanship — has raised broadcast industry hopes that the agency will shift onto a more deregulatory course.
Eisenach, 58, is well known in communications policy circles. He has served as a consultant to the National Association of Broadcasters and the Walt Disney Co., writing detailed economic reports supporting their positions on the incentive auction, retransmission consent and ownership deregulation. Eisenach has also been called in by NCTA–The Internet & Television Association on telephone issues, said Brian Dietz, an NCTA spokesman. “Over the past several years, NCTA occasionally engaged Jeffrey Eisenach’s firm for economic studies on different policy issues. He has deep experience on technology policy and competition issues and we’ve always welcomed his thoughts and analysis.” NAB President Gordon Smith calls him a "smart choice" for the Trump transition.
- Trump FCC Adviser Says Net Neutrality Is a Target for Next Administration
- President-elect Trump taps economists, investors for transition team
- Trump Deregulatory Fever Is Gripping the FCC
- What to Expect from the New Trump FCC - A More Polluted Digital Swamp.
- FCC Transition Team's Mark Jamison: Do We Need an FCC?
- President-elect Trump taps another net neutrality critic for FCC transition
- Getting to Know Mark Jamison, President-elect Trump’s FCC Transition Team Co-Leader
- President-elect Trump's Communication Rights Wrecking Crew
- President-elect Trump’s latest FCC advisor opposes Title II, supports data cap exemptions
- Trump’s new telecom advisers are a good sign for the AT&T and Time Warner deal, despite his threats against the merger
- President-elect Trump May Appoint Pence Ally And Telecom Deregulator To FCC
- Jeffrey Eisenach’s thinking takes on a new importance as he helps shape Trump's telecom policy
- We’re finally starting to see what Trump’s stance on tech might look like
- FCC Transition Team Meets With Chairman Wheeler
- President-elect Trump Meets with BET Founder Bob Johnson