Originally published: February 16, 2017
Last updated: February 16, 2017 - 7:55pm
The Federal Communications Commission will hold an Open Meeting on the subjects listed below on Thursday, February 23, 2017:
Connect America Fund: The Commission will consider a Report and Order adopting rules to provide ongoing support targeted to preserve and advance high-speed mobile broadband and voice service in high-cost areas that the marketplace does not otherwise serve.
Connect America Fund; ETC Annual Reports and Certifications: The Commission will consider a Report and Order and Order on Reconsideration that (1) resolves a number of issues raised in the Phase II Auction Order FNPRM, including the adoption of weights to compare bids among service performance and latency tiers, and (2) considers several petitions for reconsideration for decisions made in the Phase II Auction Order.
Authorizing Permissive Use of the “Next Generation” Broadcast Television Standard: The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that proposes to let television broadcasters use the “Next Generation” broadcast television transmission standard associated with recent work of the Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC 3.0) on a voluntary, market-driven basis.
Revitalization of the AM Radio Service: The Commission will consider a Second Report and Order that would relax the siting rule for an FM fill-in translator rebroadcasting an AM broadcast station.
Small Business Exemption From Open Internet Enhanced Transparency Requirements: The Commission will consider an Order granting a five-year waiver to broadband Internet access service providers with 250,000 or fewer broadband connections from the enhanced reporting requirements adopted in the 2015 Title II Order.
Comprehensive Review of the Part 32 Uniform System of Accounts: The Commission will consider a Report and Order that would streamline and eliminate outdated accounting rules no longer needed to fulfill the Commission’s statutory or regulatory duties
- FCC Announces Tentative Agenda for February 2017 Open Meeting
- FCC Announces Tentative Agenda For April 2017 Open Meeting
- Federal Communications Commission Open Meeting (April 2017)
- FCC Confirms Feb 26 Open Meeting Agenda
- FCC Agenda for Meeting On March 23, 2017
- FCC To Hold Open Commission Meeting, Thursday, November 17, 2016
- Net Neutrality, Incentive Auctions on FCC’s May Agenda
- FCC Open Meeting (Feb 2015)
- FCC Announces Tentative Agenda For November 2016 Open Meeting
- FCC Announces Tentative Agenda for January 2017 Open Meeting
- FCC Announces Tentative Agenda for February 2015 Open Meeting
- FCC Confirms Agenda for July 2016 Meeting
- FCC Open Meeting November 2016
- FCC Confirms Aug 6 Meeting Agenda
- Agenda for January 2017 FCC Open Meeting