The Universal Service Fund (USF) programs are critical to connecting our nation, but the mechanism that funds these initiatives is unstable and much-needed reform is long overdue. In this webinar, the SHLB Coalition, INCOMPAS, NTCA-The Rural Broadband Association, and Public Knowledge join forces to unpack new research from Mattey Consulting, LLC that reveals the best path forward: Expanding the existing revenues-based contributions base to include revenues from broadband internet access. Speakers will cover how the FCC has authority to act, why revenues are the right answer compared to other options, and why doing nothing while waiting for Congress to act is unnecessary and unwise.
Featuring a USForward report overview by Carol Mattey, Mattey Consulting, LLC
Meet the Panel of Experts
- Moderator: Kelcee Griffis, senior telecom reporter, Law360
- Greg Guice, director of government affairs, Public Knowledge
- Michael Romano, senior vice president of industry affairs and business development, NTCA–The Rural Broadband Association
- Lindsay Stern, attorney and policy adviser, INCOMPAS
- John Windhausen, executive director, SHLB Coalition