September 2019 FCC Commission Meeting
Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai announced that the items below are tentatively on the agenda for the FCC Open Meeting scheduled for Thursday, September 26, 2019:
- The Uniendo a Puerto Rico Fund and Connect USVI Fund – The FCC will consider a Report and Order that would allocate $950 million in fixed and mobile high-cost universal service support for Stage 2 of the Uniendo a Puerto Rico Fund and the Connect USVI Fund to expand, improve, and harden communications networks in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. The FCC will also consider an Order on Reconsideration that would dispose of two petitions related to Uniendo a Puerto Rico Fund and Connect USVI Fund advance support and Stage 1 support. (WC Docket Nos. 18-143, 10-90, 14-58).
- Access Arbitrage – The FCC will consider a Report and Order and Modification of Section 214 Authorizations that would adopt reforms to eliminate wasteful access arbitrage schemes and promote the efficient use of the nation’s communications networks. (WC Docket No. 18-155)
- 3.5 GHz Auction Procedures – The FCC will consider a Public Notice that would seek comment on procedures to be used for Auction 105, the auction of Priority Access Licenses (PALs) in the 3550-3650 MHz band. (AU Docket 19-244)
- Public Notice of the Filing of Broadcast Applications Rules – The FCC will consider a Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that would propose to modernize and simplify the written and on-air public notices broadcasters must provide upon the filing of certain applications. (MB Docket Nos. 17-264, 17-105, 05-6)
- Updating and Streamlining Rules for the Direct Broadcast Satellite Service – The FCC will consider a Report and Order that would align the Direct Broadcast Satellite licensing procedures with those of the geostationary orbit fixed-satellite service satellites. (IB Docket No. 06-160)