Mobilizing the Nation's DEI Leaders for Inclusion Impact
In this webinar, we will explore why and how the nation's local, state and national DEI leaders across key inclusion dimensions (financial, digital, educational, economic, health, etc.) and sectors (federal, state, nonprofit and private) can and should engage with their State's digital equity planning leaders to help design, implement, formatively assess their State's plan for tapping $1 billion over four years in USDOC funding for digital equity in support of economic inclusion. Above all, our panelists agree, DEI leaders can and should hold their State accountable for producing significant impacts on intergenerational poverty.
This webinar will mark formal launch of NCDE's National ABIDE (Accessibility, Belonging, Inclusion, Diversity & Equity) Leaders Network to assist both DEI leaders to become involved in their State's plans and funding requests, as well as State digital equity planning leaders to learn about and connect with their state's DEI leaders.
Moderator: Jenelle Leonard, director, leadership development for inclusion, NCDE
- Angela Thi Bennett (invited), program officer, digital equity, USDOC NTIA
- Sheena Fenton, senior managing director, diversified industries, Capital One
- Dr. Trevor Lane, community & economic development, Washington State University
- Terry Lee (invited), community affairs, FDIC Atlanta
- Dr. Bob McLaughlin, executive director, NCDE
- Dr. Robbie Melton, acting interim VP for academic affairs, Tennessee State University and director, HBCU Affordable Learning Solutions Initiative
- Edward Ubiera, regional VP, corporate responsibility & public engagement, JPMorgan Chase