January 2020 Open Federal Communications Commission Meeting
Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai announced that the items below are tentatively on the agenda for the January Open Commission Meeting scheduled for Thursday, January 30, 2020:
- Establishing the Rural Digital Opportunity Fund – The Commission will consider a Report and Order that would adopt a two-phase reverse auction framework for the Rural Digital Opportunity Fund, committing $20.4 billion in high-cost universal service support to bring high-speed broadband service to millions of unserved Americans. (WC Docket Nos. 19-126, 10-90).
- Hearing Aid-Compatible Handset Rules – The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that would propose to incorporate a new technical standard for determining whether a wireless handset is hearing aid-compatible and to simplify and update the Commission’s hearing aid compatibility rules. (WT Docket No. 20-3)
- At-Home Call Handling for Video Relay Service – The Commission will consider a Report and Order that would adopt regulations on the handling of Video Relay Service, or VRS, calls by communications assistants working from their homes. (CG Docket Nos. 10-51,03-123)
- Electronic Delivery of Notices to Broadcast Television Stations – The Commission will consider a Report and Order that would modernize certain cable and satellite television provider notice provisions in Part 76 of the FCC’s Rules by requiring certain notices to be delivered to broadcasters by e-mail instead of on paper. (MB Docket Nos. 19-165, 17-105)
- Enforcement Bureau Action – The Commission will consider an enforcement action.