Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board
National Institute of Standards and Technology, Department of Commerce
Building 101, Room LR-B
100 Bureau Drive
Gaithersburg, MD 20899
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
1 p.m. -- 5 p.m.
The ISPAB was established by the Computer Security Act of 1987 (Pub. L. 100-235) and amended by the Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 (Pub. L. 107-347) to advise the Secretary of Commerce and the Director of NIST on security and privacy issues pertaining to federal computer systems. Details regarding the ISPAB's activities are available at http://csrc.nist.gov/ groups/SMA/ispab/index.html/
- The agenda is expected to include the following items:
- Cloud Computing and the U.S. Government Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) Program working together to provide service and security.
- Board discussion on Certification and Accreditation of federal information systems, current models and discussion on recommending using an initial and continuous monitoring model.
- Applicability of current authentication models for new federal priorities and recommendations for expanded research in identification and authentication.
- Board discussion and recommendations on the Office of Management and Budget proposed security metrics for federal agencies.