April 2019 Open Federal Communications Commission Meeting
The Federal Communications Commission will hold an Open Meeting on the subjects listed below on Friday, April 12, 2019:
- Comment Sought on Competitive Bidding Procedures for Auction 103 (AU Docket 19-59): The Commission will consider a Public Notice seeking comment on procedures for the incentive auction of Upper Microwave Flexible Use Licenses in the Upper 37 GHz, 39 GHz, and 47 GHz Bands (Auction 103) for Next Generation Wireless Services.
- Use of Spectrum Bands Above 24 GHz For Mobile Radio Services (GN Docket No. 14- 177): The Commission will consider a Report and Order that would allow Fixed-Satellite Service earth stations to be individually licensed to transmit in the 50 GHz band and would establish a process for the Department of Defense to operate on a shared basis in the Upper 37 GHz band in limited circumstances
- Updating the Commission’s Rule for Over-the-Air-Reception Devices (WT Docket No. 19-71): The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that proposes to modernize the Commission’s rule for over-the-airreception devices (OTARD) to facilitate the deployment of modern fixed wireless infrastructure.
- Channel Lineup Requirements – Sections 76.1705 and 76.1700(a)(4) (MB Docket No. 18- 92); Modernization of Media Regulation Initiative (MB Docket No. 17-105): The Commission will consider a Report and Order that would eliminate the requirement that cable operators maintain a channel lineup at their local office and would eliminate the requirement that certain cable operators make their channel lineup available via their online public inspection file.
- Petition of USTelecom for Forbearance Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. § 160(c) to Accelerate Investment in Broadband and Next-Generation Networks (WC Docket No. 18-141); 2000 Biennial Regulatory Review Separate Affiliate Requirements of Section 64.1903 of the Commission’s Rules (CC Docket No. 00-175): The Commission will consider a Memorandum Opinion and Order that would grant forbearance to Bell Operating Companies and independent incumbent carriers from certain unnecessary and outdated structural and nondiscrimination requirements.
- Connect America Fund (WC Docket No. 10-90): The Commission will consider a Report and Order that would eliminate the highcost program’s rate floor rule and end the federal mandate that raises the telephone rates paid by many rural Americans.
Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
445 12th Street SWWashington , DC 20554