AI and Aging: Benefits and Challenges
The benefits artificial intelligence can offer aging individuals, with innovative technologies to make their lives safe and secure. AI will also unleash the power of autonomous vehicles, breakthrough innovations in healthcare, and robotics, with great opportunities as we age. At the same time, the challenges of AI will be explored, including privacy, ethics, and security of our data.
8:30 – 9:15, Breakfast and Check-In
9:20, Welcome, Debra Berlyn, Project GOAL
9:30 – 10:00, Speaker: Dr. Gregory Hager, Johns Hopkins University (Professor, Department of Computer Science). “AI, Aging, and the Future of Personalized Care”
10:00 – 10:20, Speaker: FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr
10:20 – 10:30, Break
10:30 – 11:20, Fireside Chat -- AI Tech: What Does it Offer Older Adults Today and Tomorrow?
Moderator: Nigel Smith, Director, AARP’s Innovation Lab, “The Hatchery”
- Mohammed Ansari, LG Electronics, General Manager and Senior Vice President
- Jonathan Linkous, CEO, Partnership for Artificial Intelligence and Automation in Healthcare
- Justin Erlich, Voyage Auto, Vice President of Strategy, Policy and Legal
- Anirudh Koul, Head of AI and Research, Aira
- Bill Rogers, CEO, Orbita, Inc.
11:20 – 12:15, Fireside Chat: AI Challenges for the Aging Community
Moderator: Steve LeVine, Editor, Axios Future
- Charina Chou, Google, Global Policy Lead for Emerging Technologies,
- Brenda Leong, Future Privacy Forum, Senior Counsel and Director of Strategy
- Christina FitzPatrick, AARP Policy Development and Integration Director
12:15, Wrap-Up/Concluding Remarks
- Debra Berlyn, Project GOAL
- Chanelle Hardy, Google