18th Annual Telecoms Symposium
8:30 – 9:00: Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 – 9:15: Welcome Remarks and Introduction
- Lawrence J. Spiwak – President, The Phoenix Center
9:15 – 10:00: Developing Effective Mechanisms to Repurpose Spectrum from Low- to High-Value Uses
- Morgan O’Brien – Chief Executive Officer, PDVWireless
- Hank Hultquist – Vice President-Federal Regulatory, AT&T
- Peter Tenhula – Acting Associate Administrator, Office of Spectrum Management, NTIA
- Dr. Babette Boliek – Chief Economist, Federal Communications Commission
Moderator: Dr. George Ford, Chief Economist – The Phoenix Center
10:00 – 10:15: Coffee and Networking Break
10:15 – 11:00: Privacy (Redux)
- Daniel Caprio – Co-Founder and Chairman, The Providence Group
- Shane Tews – Visiting Fellow, American Enterprise Institute
- Gerry Stegmaier – Partner, Reed Smith
- Jeff Brueggeman – Vice President Global Public Policy, AT&T
Moderator: Lawrence J. Spiwak, President – The Phoenix Center
11:00 – 11:15: Coffee and Networking Break
11:15 - 12:00: Previewing Oral Arguments in Mozilla v. FCC
- Maureen Ohlhausen – Former Acting Chair, Federal Trade Commission
- Bryan Tramont – Managing Partner, Wilkinson Barker Knauer
- Angela E. Giancarlo – Partner, Mayer Brown
- Matthew Brill – Partner, Latham and Watkins
12:00 – 12:15: Keynote Address and Presentation of the 2018 Jerry B. Duvall Public Service Award to FCC Commissioner Michael O'Rielly
12:15: Conference Adjourns
Our conference is a "widely-attended event" and is open to government employees, press and other interested persons. There is no charge to attend and walk-ins are welcome.
To attend in person, please use our on-line registration form (available here) and include all contact information.
And of course, please feel free to participate in the online Twitter discussion with the hashtag #PHXpolicy.
Finally, keeping with tradition, we are pleased to report that mimosas will again be served.