Unlocking Diversity and Consumer Choice in the Video Marketplace
Friday, February 5, 2016
noon to 1 p.m.
The briefing will discuss two items from the Federal Communications Commission’s February agenda: one that would create a competitive marketplace for consumer choice on video devices, and another that seeks to examine the systemic problems content creators face in gaining viewership in a world where Big Cable serves as the content gatekeeper.
- Brian Woolfolk - Principal at Swan Creek Strategies
- Mark Cooper - Economist at Consumer Federation of America
- Eric Easter - Chairman of the National Black Programming Consortium
- Joseph Torres - Senior External Affairs Director at Free Press
- John Bergmayer - Senior Staff Attorney at Public Knowledge
Both members of the press and Congressional staff are encouraged to attend.