MMTC’s 7th Annual Broadband and Social Justice Summit
7th Annual Broadband and Social Justice Summit
Multicultural Media, Telecom and Internet Council
January 20-21, 2016
"Celebrating Our 30th Anniversary"
At the Summit, current and former FCC commissioners, members of Congress, industry leaders, investors, entrepreneurs, and civil rights and social justice leaders will share their expertise on the latest media, telecom, and high tech issues impacting multicultural communities. Issues to be addressed include:
- How each tech platform can be leveraged to close the wealth gap and the digital divide.
- How to achieve diversity and inclusion in corporate C-suites and boards and in the supply chain.
- The latest developments in the future of broadband for communities of color, including a discussion of distribution platforms, content and deployment.
- How FCC, FTC, and legislative policies will impact entrepreneurship, privacy, and quality of life for communities of color.
- How policies that advance minority entrepreneurship can help stimulate economic opportunity, generate wealth and enhance innovation in the nation’s most influential industries.
- How universal broadband adoption can create jobs, promote STEM education, and enable the creation of diverse content and applications for telehealth, digital education, and entrepreneurship.