Broadcasting Board of Governors
Thursday, October 8, 2015
8:30 a.m.–11:15 a.m. EDT
The Board will vote on a consent agenda consisting of:
- the minutes of its July 1, 2015 meeting,
- a resolution honoring the 65th anniversary of Radio Free Europe/ Radio Liberty broadcasting in the Romanian language to Romania and Moldova,
- a resolution honoring the 60th anniversary of Voice of America’s Khmer Service,
- a resolution on 2015 David Burke Distinguished Journalism Awards, and
- a resolution on BBG meeting dates in 2016.
The Board will receive a report from Governor Matt Armstrong on his recent trip and a report from the Chief Executive Officer and Director of BBG. The Board will also receive a review of the Middle East Broadcasting Networks. The Board will convene a panel discussion featuring Under Secretary Richard Stengel and BBG Chief Executive Officer and Director John Lansing.