An executive session to consider the following nominations:
- Joseph Simons, of Virginia, to be a Federal Trade Commissioner, Chairman Designate
- Noah Joshua Phillips, of Maryland, to be a Federal Trade Commissioner
- Christine Wilson, of Virginia, to be a Federal Trade Commissioner
- Rohit Chopra, of New York, to be a Federal Trade Commissioner
How do counties take on broadband planning?
Recently, there have been a series of challenges aimed at “reinvigorating” antitrust enforcement agencies and institutions and calling into question the economic approach to antitrust. The “Hipster Antitrust” movement represents a departure from the longstanding nonpartisan consensus that rigorous economic analysis is a key ingredient to robust competition policy – a consensus that finds its roots in Robert Bork’s, The Antitrust Paradox.
The Schools, Health & Libraries Broadband (SHLB) Coalition will release a holistic broadband strategy to close the digital divide in rural markets. Particularly timely following the release of the Trump Administration’s infrastructure proposal earlier today, SHLB’s rural broadband strategy will focus on deploying high-capacity broadband “to and through anchors” to the surrounding community through wireless and wireline technologies.
As Americans depend more and more on digital communications and information in their work and daily lives, the challenges of protecting the security of information and resiliency of networks in our technology-driven world keep growing and changing. In February 2013, President Obama signed executive order 13636, which first mandated the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) to develop an approach to combat cybersecurity risks against critical infrastructure.
DAC Designated Federal Officer
Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau
Disability Rights Office
(202) 418-0581 (voice)
Chairman Pai announced that the following items are tentatively on the agenda for the February Open Commission Meeting ...
- Mr. Joseph Simons, of Virginia, to be a Federal Trade Commissioner, Chairman Designate
- Mr. Rohit Chopra, of New York, to be a Federal Trade Commissioner
- Mr. Noah Joshua Phillips, of Maryland, to be a Federal Trade Commissioner
- Ms. Christine S. Wilson, of Virginia, to be a Federal Trade Commissioner