Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Public Briefing on Location-Based Services
Bipartisan Privacy Caucus
Thursday, May 12th
Reps. Markey and Barton have been congressional leaders on providing privacy protections for personal consumer information. The lawmakers have investigated the practices of companies such as Google, Apple, Facebook, and the four major wireless carriers about their data collection, storage, use and disclosure practices.
- Andrea Williams, CTIA – The Wireless Association
- Marc Rotenberg, EPIC – Electronic Privacy Information Center
- Morgan Reed, ACT – Association for Competitive Technology
- Hill eyes phone-tracking policies
- Markey, Barton Friend Zuckerberg
- Facebook officials refuse to attend congressional briefing on privacy
- Lawmakers grill Apple CEO Jobs on location information gathering
- Lawmakers blast advertisers for ignoring 'Do Not Track' on Microsoft's Explorer
- Reps Barton and Markey Generally OK with Verizon's Targeted Ad Consent/Disclosure
- Lawmakers call for probe into supercookies
- Wireless carriers: Apps are privacy threat
- Congress looks at mobile location services and privacy
- Markey, Barton Seek Answers On Verizon Info Collection
- FCC, FTC Team on Forum on Navigating Location-Based Services
- Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?
- House Lawmakers Want More Info From Data Brokers
- Location Services Have Die-Hard Fans, But Privacy Is A Big Issue