Last updated: February 21, 2008 - 3:50am
DO LOCAL OWNERS DELIVER MORE LOCALISM?
[SOURCE: Federal Communications Commission]
The previously suppressed report is now available on the FCC's website.
* FCC Chairman Martin's letter to sen Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
I know nothing, I knew nothing and I'm searching for someone who know's something.
* Powell Says He Knew Nothing of Study
[SOURCE: Broadcasting&Cable, AUTHOR: John Eggerton]
In a statement delivered through Sgt. Hans Georg Schultz, former FCC Chairman Michael Powell said Friday that he had "never seen" a localism study, "did not know about it before yesterday [Sept. 14]," and "never ordered anything destroyed."
- Boxer Says FCC 'Stifled' Local News Data
- FCC Ordered Media Study Destroyed
- Frontier Criticized For Broadband Ads
- Why Fox will outfox an ill-advised Obama
- FCC Dismisses ACA Petition to Reconsider Emergency Alert Order
- Lobbyist Vicki Iseman Responds to NYTimes Story about McCain
- FCC's McDowell Touts Free Markets to Analysts
- 500Mbps broadband for $55 a month offered by wireless ISP
- Media Transparency: Political Ads and the Future of Public Interest Obligations
- Boston Mayor Pitches Attorneys General on Opposing Verizon/SpectrumCo
- What Not To Do On 9/11, Starring AT&T, the $9.11 Newspaper Deal, Others
- FCC Chairman Wheeler Contacted Obama Administration About Net Neutrality
- Media Issues Top Obama's Online Tech Agenda
- FCC Inspector General Report: Nothing on Allegedly Suppressed Studies
- Chicago Sun-Times to launch Newscast