Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Broadband: Deploying America’s 21st Century Infrastructure
Communications and Technology Subcommittee
House Commerce Committee
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
Last Congress, the subcommittee reviewed several proposals to improve broadband deployment. This hearing will build off of that work and will examine ways to eliminate barriers to broadband infrastructure development. Members will look at draft legislation to streamline the permitting and siting process at the federal level to spur private sector investment and bring increased and more efficient broadband across the country.
- House Communications Subcommittee Hearing March 21 Looks Into Lowering Broadband Barriers
- Understanding the Cyber Threat and Implications for the 21st Century Economy
- Five flawed assumptions of broadband infrastructure policy
- Illinois Broadband Deployment Council Meeting
- Cyber Security: Protecting America's New Frontier
- POSTPONED -- Promoting Broadband Infrastructure Investment
- Status of the Public Safety Broadband Network
- Cyberwarfare in the 21st Century: Threats, Challenges, and Opportunities
- The Future of Universal Service is Broadband
- POSTPONED: FCC Process Reform
- Digitizing America’s Infrastructure for the 21st Century Economy
- Cybersecurity: An Overview of Risks to Critical Infrastructure
- House Communications Subcommittee Examines Opportunities to Boost Broadband Deployment and Infrastructure
- Hearing on Draft Legislative Proposal on Cybersecurity
- Broadband Adoption: The Next Mile