Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Work on Things That Matter: Find a Job in Public Interest Tech
Thursday, February 23, 2017
5:30 PM – 8:30 PM EST
Technology touches all areas of society - from healthcare and education to national security and economic opportunity. Organizations in the public, private, and civil sectors need thoughtful tech expertise now, more than ever.
The most difficult problems of our time require a strong public interest technology field. Local governments, technology companies, and public interest organizations are looking for engineers and designers to help solve their biggest challenges.
Join Code for America and New America on February 23rd to learn more about career opportunities from employers like:
• New America
• Code for America
• Ad Hoc
• More to be announced!
- Cybersecurity for a New America: Big Ideas and New Voices
- Fighting ISIL on Social Media
- The Open Government Directive
- Ranking Digital Rights
- Community Media - A Full Spectrum Future
- Technology For the People, By the People
- Things of the Internet: Critical Minerals in the Information Age
- How America Lost its Secrets
- Digital Globalization
- Economic Conference on Marketing and Consumer Protection
- Wireless Net Neutrality: One Internet, One Set of Rules
- It’s So Hard to Get Good Digital Help These Days!
- Tap, Click, Read
- Women on the Run: Gender, Media, and Political Campaigns in a Polarized Era
- Cybersecurity in the Asia-Pacific: Where does it stand? Where is it headed?