Last updated: September 11, 2008 - 9:12pm
Some Republicans are launching a petition drive for the election campaign. The target? It asks Oprah Winfrey to interview GOP vice president candidate Gov Sarah Palin (Alaska) on her syndicated talk show before the election. The petition's Web site, www.palinpetition.com, says it's backed by a group called the Political Fish, and registered to Joshua Bolin of Augusta (GA). The petition followed reports that Ms. Winfrey, after deciding to personally support Sen. Barack Obama decided not to involve her TV show in the presidential campaign. In a statement last week, Ms. Winfrey said she would love to interview Ms. Palin, the governor of Alaska, and predicted it would be a "fantastic interview," but said it could only take place after the election.
- Sarah Palin: future media star?
- McCain Resumes Ads With Palin Defense
- Palin to Give Interview to ABC This Week
- Study: Palin gives McCain a media boost
- Press Too Tough on the Candidates?
- AP Hits Palin for Not Taking Questions
- Palin Fears Media Threaten Her First Amendment Rights
- Beyond Books: Oprah Winfreyâ€™s Seal of Approval Goes Presidential
- Palin questioner rejects 'gotcha journalism' charge
- 'SNL' Playing a Role in 2008 Election?
- Palin Helps SNL Soar to Best Ratings in 14 Years
- Fox deal lifts Palin's presidential hopes
- Lawmakers consider new curbs on incendiary speech
- Hiding Sarah Palin behind 'deference'
- Big Storms: The Month that Was September