Last updated: September 2, 2008 - 8:01pm
The text of John Horrigan's keynote speech to the Progress & Freedom Foundation's Aspen Summit. The Summit's theme was "unlocking innovation" and the speech talks about what user behavior tells us about the current climate for innovation. Horrigan argues that the great variety of user behavior presents opportunities for innovators and that, with the advent of the mobile Internet, openness and security online are crucial to a healthy climate for innovation.
- As the FCC Unlocks the Box, Privacy Remains a Top Priority
- Chairman Wheeler: 'Ditch the Box' Effort Is 'Terrific'
- Digital Readiness: Rethinking The Digital Divide
- Broadband Adoption: Patterns, Behaviors, and Implications
- FCC Proposes Rules to "Unlock the Box"
- Chopra seeks public-private partnerships
- Sen Leahy: FCC Must Clarify Set-Top Proposal
- Smartgrids, telemedicine could drive broadband adoption
- Dozens of lawmakers call for more unlicensed spectrum
- Broadband Communities Summit 12
- Edward Lazarus Compares Electricity Expansion to Broadband
- AT&T: CCIA 'Compromise' Is Gussied Up FCC NPRM
- Washington wants your cable company to become a whole new privacy cop
- Net Inclusion 2016: Addressing the Digital Divide From Miami to Kansas City
- Can Broadband Replace Coal in Kentucky?