Netflix Hires Former Skype Executive and FCC Advisor to Head Government Relations
Originally published: December 1, 2011
Last updated: December 21, 2011 - 7:37pm
Netflix has hired as its head of global government relations Christopher Libertelli, a former Skype executive and legal advisor to the chairman of the Federal Communications Commission. Libertelli will replace Michael Drobac, who said he’ll leave Netflix to launch his own public-service and health-care company. Last year, Drobac established a government-relations office in Washington.
- Former Netflix lobbyist joins Patton Boggs
- Skyping The New FCC
- Open Internet Coalition Pushes FCC to Reclassify Internet Services
- The National Broadband Plan: A Roundtable Discussion
- Public Knowledge and Patent Reform
- Netflix global expansion includes bigger DC lobby office
- Critics Decry 'Secret Deal' as AT&T, Google Huddle With FCC
- 700MHz Auction: Has the FCC Fulfilled its Congressional Mandate?
- Key network neutrality advocates oppose Genachowski's plan
- Netflix: Update video-sharing law
- NAB Lobbyist Departs
- FCC’s Wheeler heads into Hill storm
- Finding journalism's future
- Former White House Press Secretary Jay Carney to Amazon
- Who is attending these "secret" FCC net neutrality meetings?