Originally published: April 30, 2015
Last updated: April 30, 2015 - 5:03pm
The Competitive Carriers Association (CCA) wants the First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet) to adopt technical requirements for the National Public Safety Broadband Network (NPSBN) that maximize interoperability of the network. The CCA made its stance known when it filed its comments with FirstNet. CCA also is urging FirstNet to provide states the opportunity to evaluate detailed FirstNet plan information in the opt-out process and to clarify key concepts set out in the Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2012, FirstNet's enabling legislation.
"I thank FirstNet for its continued engagement with CCA members and cannot stress enough the importance of maximizing interoperability within the NPSBN," said CCA President and CEO Steven K. Berry. "If anyone understands the importance of interoperability within networks as well as public safety officials, it's CCA members. An interoperable network will greatly benefit local, state and federal public safety officials and consumers, especially during times of an emergency. To achieve this important goal, we encourage FirstNet to prescribe standards that apply to all network equipment and elements for use on the NPSBN."
- FirstNet sets 'Industry Day,' starts taking one-on-one meetings with vendors
- CCA urges FirstNet to take 'granular' approach to broadband network
- FirstNet OKs key RFP elements
- FCC Approves For Transmittal the Recommended Minimum Technical Requirements Submitted by the Technical Advisory Board For First Responder Interoperability
- FirstNet Approves Resolutions on Spectrum Lease Agreement with LA-RICS and Personnel Acquisition Strategy
- FCC Terminates Two Advisory Committees
- FirstNet releases RFI on apps, kills BTOP negotiations
- FirstNet deems 'Industry Day' a success as financial challenges loom
- Pilot project in central Minnesota strives to set model for FirstNet
- FirstNet’s Operational Architecture: The Scope of the National Public Safety Broadband Network
- FirstNet Completes Successful Request for Information and Public Comment Period
- FirstNet aims to save money via 'operating partners,' issues RFI
- Will FirstNet Move Forward With Local Broadband Projects?
- FirstNet claims Verizon ties are not influencing its plans
- FirstNet shroud of secrecy raising public-safety vendors' ire