FCC Requests Additional Information from Charter in Comcast/Time Warner Cable Review
Originally published: August 27, 2014
Last updated: August 27, 2014 - 7:25pm
On August 21, 2014, the Federal Communications Commission sent Charter Communications a request for information and data with respect to the applications for transfer of control of certain licenses that the company filed on June 4, 2014. Now, the FCC asks that Charter provide additional written responses and supporting documentation for each request listed below:
Describe in detail Charter’s plans to migrate subscribers acquired as a result of the proposed divestiture transactions, including but not limited to:
a projected timeline for the transition of all the acquired customers;
- any plans for relevant services and devices necessary to access the services to be offered to the acquired subscribers;
- any plans for the acquired customers to retain their current service plans and if so, the length of time the acquired customers may remain enrolled under their existing service plans;
- the features and services accessible from each device that will be offered to acquired customers;
- any services or features that an acquired subscriber received from its previous provider that it will not be able to obtain from the Company after the consummation of the proposed the proposed divestiture transactions, and plans to introduce that lost service or otherwise compensate the subscriber; and
- all documents discussing customer migration and transition of the acquired customers to the Company.
For the proposed divestiture transactions, provide: (i) a timetable for each transaction, a description of all actions that must be taken prior to consummation of each transaction, and any harm that will result if the transactions are not consummated; and (ii) a description of any other terms or conditions of the transactions that are not reflected in the transaction agreements between the parties.
The FCC requested responses no later than September 11, 2014.
[Lake is Chief, FCC Media Bureau]
[MB Docket No. 14-57]
- Comcast downsizes in Charter deal
- Charter Communications | Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks
- What Are People Saying About Comcast/Time Warner Cable? (Part I)
- Charter Deal for Time Warner Cable Signals Shift in TV Industry
- Could These 25 Conditions Derail Comcast's Acquisition of Time Warner Cable?
- One year later, Comcast’s megamerger faces unknown fate, dubious public
- American Community Television and SEATOA on Comcast/Time Warner Cable: PEG Must Be Protected
- After Comcast’s failed bid, Charter wants to give Time Warner Cable another try
- Comcast | Time Warner Cable
- Cashing In on a Charter-Time Warner Cable Merger
- How the Department of Justice, Federal Trade Commission and Federal Communications Commission Regulate Media Company Acquisitions
- Bright House Deal Advances Malone’s Cable Ambitions
- Charter in Talks to Buy Newhouse’s Bright House Networks
- Planned Charter Mega-Merger Does Nothing to Benefit Customers or Boost Competition
- Could These 25 Conditions Derail Comcast’s Acquisition of Time Warner Cable?