Last updated: June 24, 2016 - 8:18am
Facebook will train employees to identify and check their political leanings, the company’s latest step to quell concerns over the treatment of conservative viewpoints on the social network.
Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg said that Facebook plans to add a section on “political bias,” to its class on “managing bias.” All Facebook executives and many employees have taken the class, which focuses on identifying and neutralizing racial, age, gender and other types of bias, Sandberg said during a discussion at the American Enterprise Institute.
- For Facebook and Conservatives, a Collegial Meeting in Silicon Valley
- Facebook Rebuts Criticisms About a Bias Against Conservatives
- Liberal, Moderate or Conservative? See How Facebook Labels You
- Sheryl Sandberg says Facebook will publicly share its internal diversity training
- Facebook Feeds Rely on Data, Human Touch
- Glenn Beck on Facebook: 'Affirmative action for conservatives'
- How Facebook, Twitter silence conservative voices online
- Conservative leaders claim unprecedented media bias this election cycle
- Chairman Thune Statement on Facebook Response to Questions About “Trending Topics” Bias Allegations
- Facebook Moves to Curtail Fake News on ‘Trending’ Feature
- Facebook Offers Details on How It Handles Research
- Facebook Employees Pushed to Remove Trump’s Posts as Hate Speech
- Dave Goldberg, Head of SurveyMonkey and Half of a Silicon Valley Power Couple
- This is the news Facebook chooses for you to read
- Governments Requests Rise for Facebook User Data, Blocking