Accedian Research Examines the Business Impact of Network Brownouts in the Age of COVID-19
To better understand the impact of network brownouts in the age of COVID-19, Accedian released the findings of its new research measuring the effects of network brownouts on business productivity and end-user experience. Network brownouts are unexpected performance degradations, excessive slowdowns and network congestion that impact application performance (as opposed to full network outages or blackouts). According to the 1,000 US senior IT decision makers surveyed for the research:
- 40% experience network brownouts at least several times a week, while one in five organizations experience them on a daily basis
- For the one in five organizations that experience network brownouts daily, IT teams spend up to a staggering 12.5 hours a week troubleshooting issues that could have been avoided.
- 30% report performance issues with Office 365 and other Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) cloud applications, and 26% report issues with audio/video conferencing applications
- 60% report an increase in end-user complaints since the pandemic hit – due primarily to performance degradations, excessive slowdowns and network congestion that impact application performance
- This doesn’t include the, on average, 27% of end-user application performance issues that are not even reported to IT teams, emphasizing the importance of actively monitoring performance issues that otherwise would go undetected
Accedian Research Examines the Business Impact of Network Brownouts in the Age of COVID-19 Report: Network Brownouts Skyrocket During COVID-19 (telecompetitor)