Digital Privacy Briefing
Reps. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.), Yvette Clarke (D-N.Y.), Robin Kelly (D-Ill.) as well as leading advocates for digital privacy and civil rights will brief Hill staff and the press on how people of color, women, immigrants, the LGBTQ community and other marginalized groups are harmed by the commercial surveillance system and suggest possible remedies.
Any privacy legislation must be grounded in civil rights and focused on minimizing the disparate and discriminatory impacts of data, digital and algorithmic practices.
The briefing is co-sponsored by Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood, Center for Digital Democracy, Color of Change, Consumer Action, Consumer Federation of America, Media Justice, Public Citizen and U.S. PIRG.
- U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.)
- U.S. Rep. Yvette Clarke (D-N.Y.)
- U.S. Rep. Robin Kelly (D-Ill.)
- Erin Shields, national field organizer for internet rights, Media Justice (moderator)
- Brandi Collins-Dexter, senior campaign director, Color of Change
- Darakshan Raja, co-director, Justice for Muslims Collective
- Francella Ochillo, vice president of policy and general counsel, National Hispanic Media Coalition
- Neema Singh Guliani, senior legislative counsel, American Civil Liberties Union