Controlled and conditioned: How data abuse hurts the most vulnerable and threatens human rights
A discussion on how data abuse disparately impacts marginalized communities, undermines human rights, and diminishes consumer power in the marketplace. We will consider existing bills that seek to address the issue and unpack what more can be done to protect vulnerable populations.
Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) will provide opening remarks, and a panel discussion will follow.
- Neema Singh Giuliani, ACLU
- Gabrielle Rejouis, Center on Privacy & Technology, Georgetown Law
- Katie McInnis, Consumer Reports
- David Brody, Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Emily Peterson-Cassin, Public Citizen
- Dylan Gilbert, Public Knowledge (moderator)
Lunch will be provided! If you have questions, please contact Jennifer Brody at jennifer @ accessnow.org
Please RSVP here.