Tuesday, October 1, 2019
October 1, 2019
1PM ET TODAY: PRESS CALL WITH MEMBERS OF CONGRESS, PUBLIC INTEREST ADVOCATES & BUSINESS LEADERS ON NET NEUTRALTY COURT RULING
PARTICIPANTS TO RESPOND TO U.S. COURT OF APPEALS DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA CIRCUIT COURT RULING IN MOZILLA V. FCC
WASHINGTON, DC – Members of Congress and parties involved in the Mozilla v. FCC lawsuit, including public interest advocates and company representatives, will hold a press call today at 1:00pm ET regarding today’s court ruling on net neutrality.
Call participants will respond and answer questions regarding the U.S. Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit Court’s decision to uphold the Federal Communications Commission’s 2018 “Restoring Internet Freedom” order. Supportive members of Congress, public interest organizations, and business leaders fighting on the front lines of the net neutrality battle will discuss the Circuit Court’s decision to allow the FCC’s repeal of the 2015 net neutrality rules to stand while determining that the FCC cannot pre-empt states from implementing open internet rules and outline what the future holds in the fight to protect a free and open internet.
Press Call with Members of Congress, Public Interest Advocates, and Business Leaders on the DC Circuit Court’s Net Neutrality Decision
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM ET
Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Via Connex Conference
Dial-In (s): 877 876 9177 (US)785 424 1672 (International Toll Free)
Conference ID: NEUTRALITY
Program Title: PRESS CALL WITH MEMBERS OF CONGRESS, COMPANIES, AND PUBLIC INTEREST ADVOCATES ON NET NEUTRALITY COURT RULING
- Congresswoman Anna Eshoo (D-CA)
- Senator Maria Cantwell (D-WA)
- Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR)
- Sarah Morris, Director, New America’s Open Technology Institute
- Alan Davidson, Vice President Global Policy, Trust and Security, Mozilla
- Kevin Russell, Partner, Goldstein & Russell, P.C.
- John Bergmayer, Senior Counsel, Public Knowledge
- Chip Pickering, CEO, INCOMPAS
Q&A participants to include:
- Pantelis Michalopoulos, Partner, Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Matt Wood, Vice President of Policy and General Counsel, Free Press
- Erin Shields, National Field Organizer, MediaJustice
- Andrew Schwartzman, Senior Counselor, Benton Institute for Broadband & Society
- Mark Stanley, Director of Operations, Demand Progress
- Daiquiri Ryan, Legal Consultant, National Hispanic Media Coalition
The Benton Institute for Broadband & Society is a non-profit organization dedicated to ensuring that all people in the U.S. have access to competitive, High-Performance Broadband regardless of where they live or who they are. We believe communication policy - rooted in the values of access, equity, and diversity - has the power to deliver new opportunities and strengthen communities.
For subscribe/unsubscribe info, please email headlinesATbentonDOTorg