Follow up on this event's outcomes through the related Headlines linked below to or skip to the event data.
This event has passed.
Public Briefing on Location-Based Services
Bipartisan Privacy Caucus
Thursday, May 12th
Reps. Markey and Barton have been congressional leaders on providing privacy protections for personal consumer information. The lawmakers have investigated the practices of companies such as Google, Apple, Facebook, and the four major wireless carriers about their data collection, storage, use and disclosure practices.
- Andrea Williams, CTIA – The Wireless Association
- Marc Rotenberg, EPIC – Electronic Privacy Information Center
- Morgan Reed, ACT – Association for Competitive Technology
- Navigating Location-Based Services
- FTC to Announce Updated COPPA Rule
- TPRC Panelists Consider Location-Based Privacy and P2P Arms Race
- The Collection and Use of Location Information for Commercial Purposes
- Big Brother Lurking in WiFi, Mobile Services
- Consumer Privacy and Protection in the Mobile Marketplace
- The 2012 State of the Mobile Net Conference
- How Will the Proposed Merger Between AT&T and T-Mobile Affect Wireless Telecommunications Competition?
- The Looming Spectrum Crunch: How Will it Affect Consumer Wireless Services?
- NSA and Telecom Privacy Laws
- Location tracking on cell phones raises privacy concerns
- Markey Outlines Telecom Agenda
- Markey Demands Answers on Bush Administration's Plan to Turn Spy Satellites on Americans
- IAPP Global Privacy Summit
- The New Digital Profile: Managing Privacy in an Evolving, Mobile Internet