McCain v. Obama: The Technology Policy Smackdown
Douglas Holtz-Eakin and Reed Hundt Debate the Candidates' Tech Agendas
New America Foundation
1630 Connecticut Ave, NW 7th Floor
The next president is going to face a host of pressing questions involving technology:
- Why is the United States falling behind the rest of the world in broadband access, and how can we reverse that?
- What should our immigration policy be for skilled tech workers?
- How can our technology policies strengthen the broader economy?
- Does net neutrality matter?
- Join us as two top presidential campaign advisers debate these specific issues and describe the candidates' respective visions for maximizing technological innovation and access.
Representing Sen. McCain will be the campaign's chief economic policy adviser, Douglas Holtz-Eakin. Representing Sen. Obama will be former FCC Chairman Reed Hundt.
Lunch will be provided. For those unable to attend in person, this event will also be webcast live.