Localism, Diversity, and Media Ownership
Senate Commerce Committee
Thursday, November 8, 2007
SR - 253
This hearing will focus on issues related to media consolidation, pending proposals to change the Federal Communications Commission’s media ownership rules, and government efforts to promote localism and diversity the media marketplace.
- Alex Nogales, President and Chief Executive Officer, National Hispanic Media Coalition
- Jim Goodmon, President and Chief Executive Officer, Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc.
- Tim Winter, President, Parents Television Council
- Frank A. Blethen, Publisher and Chief Executive Officer, The Seattle Times
- John Lavine, Dean, Medill School, Northwestern University