FCC Open Meeting (Oct)
Federal Communications Commission Chairman Kevin Martin has circulated a number of items for consideration by his fellow FCC Commissioners as part of the tentative agenda for the next open meeting scheduled for Wednesday, October 15, 2008.
- Low Power Television Digital Transition - An Order, Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, and Memorandum Opinion and Order considering issues with respect to the low power television digital transition.
- 800 MHz Rebanding Transition - An Order relating to the Petition for Relief filed by Sprint Nextel Corporation (Sprint), in which Sprint asks for modification or waiver of the requirement that it vacate its non-border spectrum holdings in the 800 MHz Interleaved Band.
- Junk Fax Order on Reconsideration - An Order addressing petitions for reconsideration or clarification of the Report and Order implementing the Junk Fax Prevention Act of 2005.
- Junk Fax NAL - A Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture concerning apparent violations of the Commission's Junk Fax rules.
- AT&T/BellSouth - An Order addressing a petition filed by Michael Lovern, Sr. regarding the AT&T/BellSouth Merger Order.
- South Slope - A Notice of Proposed Rulemaking seeking comment on whether South Slope Cooperative Telephone Company, Inc. should be treated as an incumbent local exchange carrier for purposes of Section 251 of the Communications Act.
- Secondary Markets R & O - Second Order on Reconsideration seeking reconsideration of certain aspects of the Secondary Markets R&O.
- 900MHz B/ILT R & O - Report and Order pertaining to the licensing paradigm for the 199 channels allocated to the 900MHz B/ILT Pool.
- 900MHz B/ILT Order - Order considering applications for proposed non-SMR trunked service in the 900MHz B/ILT Pool band.
- Part 25 Rules - Eighth Report and Order with respect to Streamlining of Part 25 Rules for the Licensing of Earth Stations and Space Station Satellite Networks.
- Satellite Competition Report - Second Annual report by the Commission to the US Congress on the status of competition in the markets for domestic and international satellite communications.