FCC Field Hearing on Broadband and Small Business
FCC Broadband Field Hearing on Small Business
Gleacher Center, University of Chicago
450 North Cityfront Plaza Drive
Chicago, Illinois 60611
Monday December 21, 2009, 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
The Federal Communications Commission will hold a field hearing at the University of Chicago's Booth School of Business focusing on how broadband technology can help small businesses spur growth and reach new markets. The public is encouraged to attend and participate.
1:30 p.m. Introduction by Erik Garr, General Manager, National Broadband Taskforce
1:35 p.m. Opening Remarks from FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski
1:40 p.m. Panel 1: Small Businesses Needs
- James Geiger, CEO, CBeyond
- Matthew Guilford, Program Manager, Department of Innovation and Technology, City of Chicago
- Marianne Markowitz, Regional Administrator, Small Business Administration
- Roberto Cornelio, COO, Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Norma Reyes, Commissioner, Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection, City of Chicago
2:40 p.m. Panel 2: Broadband and Small Business
- Ed Scanlan, CEO, Total Attorneys
- Jay Sharman, CEO, TeamWorks Media
- Craig Shields, President, Graymills
- Gordon Quinn, Artistic Director, Kartemquin Films
- Ivy Walker, CEO, World Health Imaging, Telemedicine and Informatics Alliance
Reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request. Include a description of the accommodation you will need with as much detail as possible. Also include a way we can contact you if we need more information. Please provide as much advance notice as possible; last minute requests will be accepted, but may be impossible to fill. Send an e-mail to [email protected] or call the Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau at 202-418-0530 (voice), 202-418-0432 (TTY).