Disaster Information Reporting System
Federal Communications Commission
October 5, 2011
9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. EST
The FCC's Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau will host a roundtable discussion to enable interested parties to identify ways to bring the DIRS into the next generation of communications. The format of the roundtable will be a facilitated discussion led by Commission staff. During the roundtable, staff will solicit input from attendees on issues such as:
- The value of information currently provided by DIRS to communications restoration efforts during disasters;
- Ways to increase voluntary participation in DIRS;
- Extending DIRS to obtain more detailed data about the effects of a disaster on broadband communications services;
- Adding information from over the top voice and video service providers; and
- What, if any, additional information from DIRS participants might be beneficial to the restoration process.
If you are interested in participating, please contact Jane Kelly, Cybersecurity and Communications Reliability Division, Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau at (202) 418-2832.