Community Connectivity Initiative-Webinar Series (updated)
What is Digital Inclusion?
National Telecommunications and Information Administration
Department of Commerce
Wednesday, October 19
2:00-3:00 p.m., Eastern Time.
When we hear the terms “digital inclusion” and “digital equity” related to technology and broadband, do we really know what they mean? Access to affordable and robust broadband is important but it is only one factor to enable everyone to be online. Join experts from the field to learn about the history of digital inclusion and how the definition has evolved over time. The speakers will highlight some of their work in the digital inclusion/digital equity space and give real life examples of their work. Our presenters will be Emy Tseng, Broadband Program Specialist, BroadbandUSA and Dr. Roberto Gallardo Estrella, Associate Extension Professor & Leader, Intelligent Community Institute, Mississippi State University Extension.
From the series...
- July 14: Initiative update and framework and assessment design discussion
- Aug. 11: Initiative update and discussion of the report and recommended outputShow citation box
- Sept.8: Initiative update and recommendations discussion
- Nov. 10: Initiative update and evaluation discussion
- Dec. 8: Initiative update and discussion of training requirements
- Jan. 12: Initiative update and discussion of roll-out timeline
- Feb. 9: Initiative update and communication discussion
- March 9: Initiative update and next steps discussion
This is a virtual meeting. Participants can register for one or more webinars in the series at NTIA's Web site at http://www2.ntia.doc.gov/CommunityConnectivityWebinars.