Capital Markets and Ownership Diversity
FCC EN BANC HEARING AND CONFERENCE ON
OVERCOMING BARRIERS TO COMMUNICATIONS FINANCING
The Federal Communications Commission will hold an En Banc hearing and conference on Tuesday, July 29, 2008.
Langston Hughes Auditorium
Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
515 Malcolm X Boulevard
New York, NY 10037-1801
The public is invited to attend free of charge.
The purpose of the hearing and the subsequent conference (or breakout session) is to enhance the knowledge of the Commission and attendees about: (i) the present state of capital markets as those markets impact ownership diversity in the media and telecom industries and, particularly, the success of minorities and women entrepreneurs; (ii) how financing is secured for new, diverse, resource-limited ventures, focusing on actual problems that have been encountered by women and minorities attempting to secure financing for media and telecom deals; and (iii) potential ways the Commission can help facilitate financing opportunities for minorities and women.
Panel 1: Successfully Securing Equity Financing
- Raul Alarcon, Chief Executive Officer, Spanish Broadcasting System
- Percy Berger, Managing Partner, Dempster Group
- Pastor Delman Coates, Enough Is Enough Campaign for Corp. Responsibility in Entertainment
- James Fleming, Jr., Partner, Columbia Capital
- Ronald Gordon, President & CEO, ZGS Communications
- Anita Stephens Graham, Partner, Opportunity Capital Partners
- Reginald Hollinger, Managing Partner, Quetzal/JPMorgan Partners
- Terry L. Jones, Managing General Partner, Syncom Funds
- Brian Rich, Managing Partner, Catalyst Investors
- Andy Schwartzman, President & CEO, Media Access Project
- Diane Sutter, President & CEO, ShootingStar Broadcasting
- Frank Washington, Chairman & CEO, Tower of Babel LLC
Panel II: Successfully Securing Loans
- Charles J. Dreifus, Managing Director, CIT Communications, Media & Entertainment
- Leo Hindery, Jr., Managing Partner, InterMedia Partners
- George Ivie, CEO & Executive Director, Media Ratings Council
- William Lisecky, Managing Director, Oppenheimer & Co. Inc./Investment
- Chesley Maddox-Dorsey, President & COO, Access.1 Communications Corp.
- Steve Morris, Chairman, President, CEO, Arbitron
- Susan Patrick, Co-owner, Managing Partner, Patrick Communications
- Michael V. Roberts, JD, Chairman & CEO, The Roberts Companies
- John Stevens Robling, Jr., Managing Director, LIATI Capital
- Mayela Rosales, Executive Vice President of Azteca America, SWFL
- Charles Warfield, President, Inner City Broadcasting Corporation
- James Winston, Executive Director, National Association of Black-Owned Broadcasters
Immediately following the en banc hearing, there will be a break out session where attendees will have an opportunity to meet with representatives of potential financing sources.
For further information, contact Barbara Kreisman, Chief, Video Division, Media Bureau at (202) 418-1600.
Reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request. Requests for such accommodations should be submitted via e-mail to [email protected] or by calling the Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau at (202) 418-0530 (voice), (202) 418-0432 (tty). Such requests should include a detailed description of the accommodation needed. In addition, please include a way we can contact you if we need more information. Please allow at least five days advance notice; last minute requests will be accepted, but may be impossible to fill.