25th Anniversary of the Americans With Disabilities Act
Federal Communications Commission
July 23, 2015
1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The FCC’s ADA event will feature a panel of disability rights advocates from various organizations who will share stories about how advances in communication access have made a difference in their personal and professional lives, as well as the lives of their family, friends, and colleagues. The event will also recognize the 5th anniversary of the Twenty-first Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 (CVAA), which will be occurring in October of this year.
List of confirmed panelists:
- Zainab Alkebsi, National Association of the Deaf
- Eric Bridges, American Council of the Blind
- Lise Hamlin, Hearing Loss Association of America
- Rebecca Ladew, Speech Communications by Telephone, Inc.
- Eddie Martinez, Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind
- John G. Paré Jr., National Federation of the Blind
- Mark Richert, American Foundation for the Blind
- Al Sonnenstrahl, Former (1990) Executive Director of TDI
- Claude Stout, Current Executive Director, TDI